Friday, April 20, 2012

Taking the first step away from shore

     Today I found out I received the NSLI-Y scholarship!And I'm beyond excited, I went into today thinking about how excited I was to get my rejection letter, I honestly just wanted to hear anything from NSLI-Y even if it was a rejection. Instead I got the amazing surprise that I had been accepted into Oman!
    When I wrote my bucket list at the beginning of the year the first thing on my list was to become trilingual (at least), and now I will be able to cross that off my bucket list!
    Studying language and culture are some of the things that bring the most pleasure to my life, and a sure way to be constantly learning. Last summer I went to Paraguay on a study abroad trip, and the learning never ceased. Study abroad trips open an incredible view on life, and the open mindedness you receive is immeasurable.
     The countdown has already started, 10 weeks and 4 days until my departure. I am ready for all adventures that await!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment