Friday, August 17, 2012

Home actually more like leaving home


     I'm the last one in the airport. I have a nice 6 hour lay over for my flight to San Antonio. I can't believe that all of the girls have left for their flight, and I'm already realizing how much I'll miss them. I still haven't really been able to fully accept that I've left Oman. These last six weeks were absolutely amazing, and I feel so lucky to have ended up with such an incredible host family, teachers, and program managers. I am going to miss everything about Oman.
     In the airports I realized that I missed the hose so much. I'm seriously considering having a hose installed in my bathroom. A hose is just so much better than just using toilet paper. The analogy I like to make about the hose is to just consider what happens when you spill pasta on the counter. You get a wet wipe to clean it first and then a dry wipe, and that cleans a whole lot better than just the plain old dry wipe.
    I just Oman in its entirety, especially my host family they were so incredible, and I honestly tear up just thinking about the fact that I had to leave them. I'm nowhere near being ready to go home, and I have no idea how the whole readjustment process will end up going. I'm so glad I will have the rest of the girls that went on the trip to keep in touch with and remember our memories together. My host family got me a program to study Arabic with, and I also found out that one of the perks of being a state alumni is a free Rosetta Stone of your choice! I am looking forward to continuing my language studies!
   Thank you so much to everyone that made this trip so amazing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment