Friday, January 17, 2014

Teacher?

Today was my first day of teaching at the CLC! It ended up going much better than I expected it to! I only had four of my eight students show up, but luckily everything still went well. I have a class of all girls. I recognized a few of them from the interviews. The other American students that taught on Monday and Wednesday all said to make sure to over plan because I would go through the lesson alot faster than I thought I would, but humdulilah the lesson I had originally planned was more than enough and now I have an extra lesson prepared.

This first lesson really got me excited for the rest of the semester. I have wanted to teach for a long time and now that my first opportunity to do it in a professional setting has gone well I am extremely satisfied. Inshallah next week all of my class will show up rather than just half the class, but just based off of today I have a good feeling about what the rest of the semester will hold in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment