Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Homesick at Home with Good News on the Side

    With  mothers day in the United States on Sunday and mothers day in Paraguay on Tuesday I couldn't help but to be reminded of all the things I did with my host family. I was very fortunate with my host family placement. I got along with them well, and I will never forget playing ping-pong with my host dad every day. My host mom was an amazing cook, and treated me to all the typical Paraguayan foods. In the six weeks that I was there I was able to form a strong relationship with them, and I know that I will definitely be visiting them next summer. Once you get back from an exchange trip you're glad to be home, but every so often pangs of 'homesickness' will hit you. Lately I've been realizing that I miss Paraguay more and more every day. I can't help but thinking of how much exchange trips open you to the world, and realizing that this summer I will find one more place to call home.
    Today signified a key point in my junior year, the last day of AP exams! I finished off with the AP English Language and Composition Exam, and I am now happy to say that I am done with AP for the year, allowing me to fully focus on Oman and learning Arabic. I'm looking forward to a conference call on Monday, and will hopefully be receiving mammoth amounts of information over the program.
    Six weeks and three days until departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment