Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Can Almost Taste It

     Summer is almost here. One more final, my Spanish final. I'm ready for summer to get here. In exactly five weeks I will be boarding the plane to D.C and two days afterwards I will be on my way to Oman.
    Earlier this week I got to have a conference call with Amideast, and found out some new things about the trip. My first three weeks in Oman will be spent with the other students (there are fifteen in total, all girls) and then afterward we will be put with host families. Chances are I won't find out about my host family placement until I get to Oman. Weekdays will be spent going to classes for four hours and we will spend the rest of the day adventuring or doing homework. I also found out that we will get to take a trip to Salalah, and from mid June to August the Salalah Karif festival is held, so hopefully I will get to take part of that action.
    Everyday I become more and more mentally prepared for my trip, but my adventure will be coming soon enough.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment