Friday, June 8, 2012

Time is only in your mind...and on the clock

     Every time I think about leaving for Oman I feel as though I'm basically leaving tomorrow, but then I realize that it's still only the beginning of June. I know that my departure is close, but it's not as close as it feels.
     In the mean time I have plenty of things to be doing . My Arabic study book came in, along with my English summer reading books (1984 and Brave New World). Not only that, but my new camera came in! A Canon Rebel T3, so I will need to spend my next few weeks getting the hang of using it correctly.










   Also, my host sister from Paraguay will be getting in today! From today until I leave the days will be absolutely packed, and chances are I won't manage to squeeze in everything I want to, but even at that I'm ready to be at the airport on my way.
   I also came to a realization the other day, I will be on an airplane on the Fourth of July. I miss being in Washington D.C for the Fourth of July by one day, instead I will be on an airplane. Last year I didn't celebrate it either because I was in Paraguay, but I can't help wonder if being on an airplane(or an airport) will make it feel any different.
   Three weeks and one day left until I will be leaving!
Here are two videos of Oman:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=E6dTJHD9AiA&nomobile=1

http://vimeo.com/22127608
  

No comments:

Post a Comment