Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Oman From The Sky

On Sunday I will be leaving for the Pre- Departure Orientation in D.C and shortly after I will be leaving for Oman! Just 5 days left! I thought I would share this video of Oman:
OMAN FROM THE SKY from CYRIL EBERLE on Vimeo.
   Today also marks a years since the first day I spent with my family in Paraguay. My host sister just left this morning after visiting me for two weeks before her return to Paraguay after spending a year in the United States. Going to Paraguay was truly the greatest experience, and I look back on my trip every day and am so grateful to my host family and AFS for that opportunity. There is nothing that can compare to the way in which you learn abroad. Studying abroad is basically the greatest mental exercise, working ever part of you: your willingness to open up and dare to try something new, learning a new language, having the ability to leave your home country's culture behind to embrace the new culture while still holding on to a thread of it. Exchange trips can be the best choice you ever made if you want it to, you just have to work for it and make the best of every situation.I am looking forward to another unforgettable experience this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment