Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Move Your Body Lose Your Fatty"

      There is no way for me to describe how much I love access! The girls in the access program are incredible, and the teachers are so sweet as well. I am really excited because tomorrow we will get to take cooking classes with them, and then have Arabic classes later in the day. Today during access we played a game were you gave three hints about a famous person and then the other people would have to guess who it was. Everybody told me that British singers, especially Adele and One Direction were popular in Oman, so I used Adele as the person for everyone else to guess and they didn't know who she was at all. I guess all the information I'd heard was somewhat misleading.
     Instead of staying at the Amideast center for our FGLL (facilitated group language learning) we walked to the park and saw that our FGLL teachers were there, I assumed that we were just going to have classes in the park. Wrong. It was a surprise birthday party for everyone with summer birthdays! Ramadan is starting on Saturday so celebrating birthdays with our teachers wouldn't really work out, so they surprised the four of us that have birthdays while in Oman.

This park was huge, and there's huge festival held at it each year. The park included horse back riding, a bowling place, an amusement park, an ice skating place, and several playgrounds. We went into the amusement park and I went on a log ride(and got completely wet) and the ferris wheel. The ferris wheel had a great view of Muscat especially since the sun was setting.
They had this sign at the park, they should definitely consider putting these around town in the U.S

On language improvement: From only being here for almost two weeks I feel as though I've learned so much, and I can kind of catch on. I've also been reflecting on the fact that being at least trilingual has been one of the main goals in my life, and I'm actually able to get alot done towards crossing that off the bucket list all thanks to NSLI-Y and everyone else involved with exchange programs. Inshallah I'll be able to keep learning as much as I am now, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment